Friday, November 8, 2019

Busy as hell

#150
If there is one word that never applies to me, it is BUSY. I am unemployed, recluse, and spend all my time before a computer or guitar or meditations. But now I am frightfully busy, swamped as it were, with enough on the plate and a fish to fry (btw all these are synonyms of BUSY that I just googled).
            I have taken to Future & Options trade like a duck to water.  In October, I had 8 trades (HUL, Axis Bank, Infy, IOC, SBI, HDFC Bank, Reliance, ACC) and I made decent money in 6 of them. I have an intuitive grasp of numbers; my mind can visualize “what happens to premiums when CMP goes up or side? What is the time value of trade? What is the best profit zone to exit?  This is one love affair I am grateful to the lord. This is the first time in my life I have a money making skill – writing blogs does not get me richer even by a dime, my communication workshop refused to kick start before I threw in the towel. My life is an example that Grace works even on a perpetual diffident soul like me. All it demands is honesty and courage; that’s all.
            I have signed up to a property in Palkalai Nagar, Palavakkam and that’s getting me running like a headless chicken on financing. I love this apartment and have named it GREEN PARK. I will be shifting in there by 30/11 for my first BUY of real estate.  I signed the agreement on 6/11 for one of the happiness days of my life. It was on 6/12/2018 when I signed away my father’s property and the recovery has come in 11 months. All thanks to stock market trading.
            I plan my trades at 9 am in the morning and watch stock movements on my desktop for 30 min. Then I check on my stock positions every hour on the mobile phone, there is an excellent moneycontrol app. But the mind is obsessed with possibilities – should I buy an option? Or should I hedge this position for the q2 results could go either way? There are so many things you could do with numbers. The stock market is GOD; my favouite stock market instructor Mr. Kapil Mokashi says that markets are smart at finding your inherent weakness. He advises us: To become a successful trader, you need a simple, rules-based approach and the discipline to stick to your approach and avoid temptation. Doesn't it sound so similar to life? Keywords: SIMPLE, RULE-BASED, DISCIPLINE, AVOID GREED.
            All these numbers keep floating in the mind for different permutations and combinations has ensured that my writing has come down by a factor of 90%. Infact, my mind conjures up possible themes but it’s burnt out. Like I wanted to write on "beauty of a woman" from the heroism of Meera and Thangam who raised wonderful families against bigger odds than my own sisters or anyone I know in the vicinity. But I never write when a mind is on a boil, there must be some freshness and an itch to write. I also want to do a blog post on “Besant Nagar” for I am vacating this heaven on earth after three decades of residing here. But I am not writing till my feverish mind gets somber which I think a small holiday would help. Stock trading is less than 2 hours a day work but it occupies the mind like a consuming love passion where you sit and dream of your lover in various coitus positions or removing the dress in a million different ways. Primarily it’s not the money that gets me this stranglehold obsession but a domain to test my hypothesis with a play of numbers. It also helps when your hypothesis come out right after 2-3 days and you are richer by a 20-30 k.
            Raghu and Gopalan are the friends of these times, T H Iyer mama is another constant factor of support. His son Mani was here from USA and he is one of the coolest chaps I have met. I asked him at the FOSWL meeting, “Do you travel in business or economy flying from America? He said, “You must be kidding me. If there is a class below economy I would have taken it like travelling in the baggage sections with cows and lambs.” This man is hugely successful and his blessed with suavity and incredible charm.
            These are the best days in a long, long time. I have to work feverishly for two months – Nov and Dec – to break-even on the new house. It’s a strong motivation as any. Then I plan a 4 days holiday to HYDERABAD as a gift to myself visiting my school and college, the market places and the homes and neighbours in the 70s and 80s. Hyderabad is my city, every road has a story for me. Those were the days of growing up and innocence makes for nostalgia than anything I know. Then there is a impending visit to Kancheepuram for thanksgiving to Mahaperiva, another trip to Tirupathi from a vow (I prayed last year: let me reside in M90/4 till the end of 2018 and it miraculously came true) and my father's 31st shraddam on 13/11. I have never been busy and now I am forever running around in the mind. It's a new territory for me, come 2020 and I should get back to my cozy lazy self. I am not made for excitements, I am more for laziness and writing. 

1 comment:

  1. Ashish Bansal on Whatsapp: Wonderfully written. Even through the roller-coaster of thoughts, I sense your mindfulness which is great achievement. You are aware of what is going inside and outside, despite the busyness that you have not experienced in a long while. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

    RV Rajan: Excellent post. All the best in your new home. God bless!

    ReplyDelete