Friday, December 1, 2017

Observesathya gets momentum

I have six active blogs. Spiritualsathya is transcription of Swamiji’s speeches, thinksathya is my showpiece where I get my best writing done, dauntlesssathya is freewheeling and current issues, I am so proud of Damienbosses which has tales of office terrorism, writersathya is basically defunct but if there are any published pieces then I might as well post here.
            Observesathya started as a second blog in 2008 and I love the Yercaud tales that I posted here. Sadly it was the blog that went super heavy on the Sindhi imbroglio as it unfolded in 2009 but now for the last 3 years I keep it pure: only posts on VIPASSANA and now MINDFULNESS. Most of these are transcriptions and I do them with an attitude of GRATITUDE and also a service. As a writer, the only way I can contribute to society is by words and maybe someone will benefit from these is a motivation. Besides I also like to keep my reading material on the internet medium and use it as my personal library.
            There are 30 talks of Psychotherapy Summit and these really shook my mind at a base level. So it is such a pleasure to make notes of them and post it here. December is one month I have to get all those in; which means the next 10-12 posts are on the way. I am certain that many would amble in here and find ambrosia as it were. For me MINDFULNESS is not a THEORY class but PRACTICE, it has turned my life upside down for the better. Maybe it caused the turnaround maybe I even owe it my existence. So I would like to see these posts here.
            2017 is perhaps the best year of my life. it started tamely. I had Abhiyan Digital for a home based assignment. My writing was so poor that I barely had strength to do these assignments. The first 3 months of this year was the Theni phase of “I am going to die next month” mindset. My road to recovery started in Feb when I took to Louise Hay’s AFFIRMATIONS in a big way.  Those led me to MINDFULNESS by April and May and from then, there was no looking back.
            I started blogging in the middle of June and since then have added 0ver 80 posts in one of the best writing spells ever. Even if you take away the transcriptions, there are over 50 posts which average to 2 posts a week. This is breakneck speed for me. I personally loved the PORTRAIT series in thinksathya and PERSPECTIVES in Dauntless. I don’t think my writing has ever been this smooth and free-flowing. Ever!!!
            Since July I had to scout for a source for earnings, except for a couple of freelance assignments this was a dry search. Meaning even I had lost zeal hunting for them and that’s when Ramesh advised: Sathya, have an alternate income source and how about communication workshops? First I rebelled against the idea feeling that I was not up to it but this rationale prevailed: waiting for writing assignments in Chennai is the height of stupidity. It is like waiting for a train in a desert.
            So I started working on CONTENTS in September and by October I was in a position to conduct them. My content is 100% original. I advertised in the local papers, hired a corporate venue and my first class as a mentor began on 5th November. I was nervous as hell but I kept at it. Two friends pitched in: Prithvi enrolled his son for what can be described as an act of kindness and Ramprasadh – the man who sent me to Abu Dhabi and I did not have the courage of face him since that failure – enrolled his employee. So many friends came out of nowhere for an encouraging word or even a selfless act. Krish Seshadri’s affections is something I cannot forget, he has the heart for the underdog and he goes out of his way to encourage them. Arun for his Diwali gifting of a T-shirt; it feels so special that I have not even worn it once. Manikandan came with Diwali sweets and both these were acts of grace I will never forget in a while. Then of course my regular friends like Vivek, Manisha, Ranga etc.
            And T H Iyer mama is one person who at 85 is one consistent face of friendship in 2017. He came back from Australia in April 2017 and he has seen me turn it around since then. He says: I have never seen you so confident and so serene. He has known me since 1998 when I first started to walk in the Theosophical Society Gardens.
            I love the training part. I have just 2 students and both of them love me after 7 classes and so I am doing good for starters. I am starting batch-2 on Sunday, 3rd December. Actually I had 6 vacant slots of the venue for which I had already paid and so I am trying to fill with this batch. My goals are modest: if I get 4 students which will be 100% improvement from batch-1, my day is made.
            2017 was the year I re-wired 48 years of faulty circuit. I see clearly how my mother trampled on my infant mind and how sick it had reduced me to. I fought this battle of moodswings for more than 25 years and finally finding a healing. I feel like a warrior who lost every battle of life but finally winning the war. As Einstein says that when God made the ass, HE gave him a thick skin. These communication workshops are also in a way a brand new start for a career. Maybe I will go back to UAE as a corporate/soft-skills trainer is a small dream I aspire. And falling in love is out of the question really but certainly I am in love with myself as a spiritual practice. Maybe life will dish out some wealth and health in the years of come.
            The blessings many: reliable friends for starters, Eliot’s Beach, music, guitar, and of course my writing. I don’t know what 2018 will bring but what the hell, I lived 2017 and it has been a privilege so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment