Saturday, March 23, 2019

When “outrage” turns to “humour”


I love the dictionary meaning of “outrage” that goes like “extreme strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation.” The synonyms listed are: indignation, fury, anger, rage, disapproval, wrath, shock, resentment, horror, disgust, amazement. Exactly what I feel for my two elder sisters!
            I will briefly mention my angst – for 30 years they did not feel a need to involve me in festivities which meant that I have not celebrated a festival since my dad’s death in 1989. Both of them did not care when I was vulnerable and hanging on to life on a fragile thread during my depression years.  I am sure they will not give me a cremation after death or tend to me if I am destined for an ICU critical care. Such relations are a scar on the soul; we don’t worry about relations that don’t apply like “I am not going to moan the non-existence of a wife in my life or miss kids.” But I will feel cheated and feel nothing but scorn for my sisters for they are real in blood and sweat.
            Instead of being OUTRAGED my creative mind slips into HUMOUR and these are the many ways I conjure to get back at them. Since I am a gentleman these are just thoughts and not put into action however seductive they seem. These are some of my creative insults for my sisters that are not served:
a)     I thought of writing to the Principal of KEYS HIGH SCHOOL in Secunderabad where both the she-devils studied where-in I make a strong case for a REFUND. They obviously did not EDUCATE my sisters well enough and so I have a genuine case for a compensation. Parallelly if I could mark a copy to the editor of a Deccan Chronicle or Newstime or whatever paper sells in Hyderabad, this can be a news interest story generating a lot of mirth and embarrassment.
b)     My fingers were itching to leave a message at L’s samandhi saying that L has become pregnant at the age of 54. Again a social embarrassment for a hoax of a joke.
c)      Or just maybe write to them saying that L has converted to Christianity.
d)     Or I write a fictional story of two ghost sisters called V and L. How both of them turn to werewolves on new moon day and go up gobbling street dogs and sleeping crows for an after dinner munch. Also how I taught both of my brother-in-laws to plant a tamarind tree so that they can climb it when their wives go into such devilish sprees.  My nickname for V is “Shakini” and L is “Dakhini” – they are both not human beings but born of a jackal as in the movie Omen. They are Brahma Rakshasa, yama dootha as we chant in Mahanyasam
e)     Or I could write to the Oil and Petroleum Minister Dharmedra Pradhan and the BPCL board that they is a BPCL employee who is the world’s worst sister and mark a copy as to as many BPCL employees as possible.
These are just creative expressions of OUTRAGE but serve my mind well. No longer I feel a negative energy when I think of these shrews (termagant, fishwife, witch, gorgon, spitfire, she-devil are dictionary synonyms) but a creative zest for more of creative insults. This is my way of Metta Bhavana.  
             Revenge is part of human nature but I have found it to be always COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. It is truly is like hitting oneself with a stick on the head; such a self-defeating sport and a pastime. My entire family - father, mother, two sisters - never gave me a moment's respite from hatred and anger. These are lifelong scars but I must find the energy to channelize it better. This revenge thing sucks and drains my energy as both my sisters are no less sinister than king cobras. It is tough living on my own with these scars but I have to do better. 
               I also realize that I am not such a good fellow as I pretend to be; or serve sermons on Mindfulness on Facebook.  Negative states of mind like anger, hate and outrage are indeed addictive states of mind. I do observe my mind that these remain as LOW ENERGY thoughts as possible for it is POISON and fill the day with humour than out to shock and upset people who are better placed in society than me (they can hurt me in real ways for they do wield some influence that I don't). In the end I realize that life serves me a menu that I must have cooked for myself. Let me work these transient states as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment