Wednesday, February 20, 2019

February so far

Post #123 on Dauntless
This has been one of the hectic phases of my life in a long while. Each day feels sort of rushed – something I actually don’t relish – but it’s a novelty for a man who eats, sleeps a lot, and aloof for a recluse monk existence.
            Hectic or frenzied gets in activities and people. This has been a kind month so far. Let me jot down the daily routines for FEB:
a)     Online Trading Academy (OTA): I joined the OTA classes on equity trading and I am loving these lessons conducted so ably by Mr. Fahim Ansari. This is an online classroom program from 11:00 -1:00 each day where we analyze graphs for a curve analysis (should you BUY or SELL decision), trend (SHORT OR LONG) and finally mark the supply and demand zones on lower time frame charts. Three months ago, I only knew the spelling of the word STOCK and now I am more than a novice. I feel that I have in me to make money consistently. Watch this space for rest of the year and you might see emergence of Sathya the trader who is precocious amassing a good easy fortune at the bourses. It is TRADING that gives me the excitements of the day; or else I would be worried sick that my capital would chip away southwards. Also it does away the need to join the work force for which I have a distaste and keep a reptile length distance. 
b)     SPARRC: When I sold M90 and I got an advance of 5 lacs on 12th October, the first thing I did was consult the prodigious Dr. Kannan Pugazhendi at Alwarpet and start the REHAB sessions at the Besant Nagar centre. Now four months I feel that this 50 k is the best investment I have made in a long, long time. I now walk without a limp; so many friends say, “God, you suddenly  appear tall and have the gait of an army man.” I must thank Sukanya the most for this transformation; Loka and Protima deserve a special mention. Doing these daily exercises, I feel a “10 years” younger. The body feels light; one can never overestimate the importance of daily round of vigorous workouts. I feel like a wrestler ready to charge for a duel – physical fitness is indeed the starting base for emotional and psychological well being.
I always love each time Arun Kailasam visits me or connects over phone. He interviewed me for a CONTENT position in Nov 2013 and the first thing he said on that day on shaking my hands was, “I read couple of blogs that you mentioned on your LINKEDIN site. I wish I could write 5% of your ability some day.” That was beginning of a good friendship and he makes a point to connect at least “once a year” basis. He was at my residence last week; he dragged me to FAB INDIA at Besant nagar for CURTAINS. He insisted that I purchase a KURTA, my first. I feel special interacting with him; he has tons of banter and cheers and I feel as alive and light hearted as a sophomore graduate.  
            Thanks to Sanjay the HAPPINESS CATALYST I met the BANYAN team on a content opening. I loved the travel on the CHENNAI METRO (now Anna nagar feels so close, I used to dread visiting this farthest end of town which the metro shortens to a 20 min ride) boarding a LITTLE MOUNT station. I did not even know how to change platforms, a young railway employee pointed out to the downward flight of stairs. I also loved the announcements inside the train; only in TAMIL and ENGLISH. I feel so much at home at Chennai that I easily banter with a bus or an auto driver. Arun rightly observed, “Sathya, you are dyed-in-the-wool CHENNAIITE. You cannot be happy anywhere, say a Mumbai or Delhi. You need to hear TAMIL spoken on the streets, you need the IDLIES and DOSA and FILTER COFFEE around the corner and you have been spoilt by the attentions you get on the ELIOTS BEACH.” I told him, “Righto, you have an eagle eye for observations.” Going to Banyan did have a sobering effect on me; we have much to thank heavens for keeping our sanity in the storms of this digital age. 
            I promised not to write about the BAD FOUR of my life but for this very important insight: The GROSSEST people on earth are those who SCORN LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES and NEVER APOLOGIZE. I don’t want to say another word for Dhamma Mani sir has promised to slap a 10 k fine. 😁😁
            I also relished T H Iyer mama’s comment as he wrote on Whatsapp, “Sathya, do attend the FOSWL meet as my son is fond of meeting you. He is travelling to America tomorrow.” Iyer mama gives me genuine affection that I lap up with glee. Lakhina and Neetu suggested that I celebrate my 50th birthday at Delhi and I feel up to it. Vivek has promised me company at Rajaji National Park and arrange for my visit to a Rishikesh, Haridwar and Mussoorie. Then catch up with friends at Delhi and also tick off one item from my bucket list of “travelling by Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani.” I am a train freak. I will take a flight to Delhi for onward; have the thrill of the Rajdhani and take a flight from Mumbai on the return. As the Arabs would say for a bit of cautions of any human plans: INSHALLAH. God willing. 
            I had a drink with Ranga and this is beginning to have a monthly run to it. We meet at MARIS and it is a good drinking hole and the best restaurant in the city for dinner. The service quotient here is to be seen to be believed. I also get in an hour of guitar - I take enormous pride here- and this feels to be one the best phases of my life. For once, I am optimistic of making money on TRADING, physical fitness and guitar makes my day something to look forward to. God keep this momentum going as far as possible, I don’t want to change a thing including the prospect of a whirlwind romance with Marilyn Monroe or who’s that female lead in “It’s a wonderful world” Donna Reed (I also have a crush on Andrea Corr, Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis and so many actually).

No comments:

Post a Comment