Saturday, February 22, 2020

February News

#162
This year my dauntlesssathya blogs will be direct and zero wastage of words. More like news highlights and a synopsis to make sense of it.
The headlines are:
a)     HDFC screws up: They took 8 weeks to reject my loan application after promising every third day. A prompt rejection would have been infinite mercy. I am so sick of their incompetence that I will be snapping any connection with them. Their ineptness has cost me time and money – for 8 weeks I have not engaged in my stock market trading for loss of income besides the emotional stress of uncertainty.
b)     Narasimhan of Vishalam Builders: He is a wonderful gentleman who comforted me saying, “You need to pay 13 lacs now but take your time, we will wait for your loan to be accepted.” This is my second trip to Kumbakonam and I loved it more. I plan to go monthly, it’s an emotional high to see your villa coming up. The food is great, the auto chaps are friendly and super-efficient, green countryside, good quality water, fresh air and all the pluses are adding up. I am loving this buy more than the Palavakkam one; that’s just an apartment but this is my land!!!
c)      Vivek is super dense: For almost 11 years each time I had a talking urge I would trouble Vivek and Manisha. Of late, Vivek has grown senile to unbelievable denseness and un-stomachable attitude. I tried my best to salvage but what drove the nail in the coffin was this attitude: What have you done to your sisters to merit any kindness?? This attitude almost snapped the ties two years and now this is the last straw: Why are you overstretching on real estate? First earn your monies and then buy instead of running after bank loans? Again this theme was beaten to death in the last four months despite my assurance that “my troubles are my own and no friend of mine will be touched for monies.” Vivek is dense beyond belief; all I sought was solace instead I got blame and an attribution of stupidity. My last words to Vivek this week was, “This is the last time I am speaking to you in my life.” There is no danger of any comebacks here.
d)     TH Iyer mama is the sole one with a heart: This year started with Ashish’s refusal of a soft loan that got my mind reinforced on this thought: If you know how little others think or feel for you, you wouldn’t open your mouth. This learning has quietened me almost 90%. I have many names on my contact list on my mobile but none are useful even for a solace at the word level except TH Iyer mama. He is the sole one who reads my blogs, calls every alternate day, follows my trails with life closely and storing a lot of affection and encouragement. 
e)     Oscar movies: I saw “A beautiful day in the neighborhood” and it was paisa vasool as Rediff would say on their inept movie reviews. 1917 had more depth, I simply loved “Parasite”. Each time I walk out of a movie hall, I feel supercilious: maybe I could have done the script better and tighter. But after “Parasite” I was gushing feeling that a couple of Sathyas can't reach such quality levels. I am planning three more movies of the Oscar season.
Today I am in a position to grow 20 lacs to 40 lacs in 12 months. If I had this skill in 2018, I would not have been forced to sell my Besant Nagar property in 2018 for a startling perspective. It takes time and skill and confidence at last arrive at an earning source. Thank God for small mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment